Next: My external USB hard drive is not working but it is detected. Avira blocks it

My external USB hard drive is not working but it is detected. Avira blocks it



I have a WD Element desktop of 3Tb (external) where I store my data as backup.

Lately, the HD was not working, but it is detected......

A real mystery.

I can not explain why, but AVIRA blocked it......

I tried everything; I thought of drivers, then windows upgrades, but I did not find the solution.

Then I found this post and suggested the following winner procedure:



Step 1

Remove AVIRA Antivirus and AVIRA Connect.

Step 2

Re-start your computer.

Step 3

Run the  Disk Management with the following command from cmd panel:

DISKMGMT.MSC

Step 4

Assign a new letter o create a volume (This depends on what you find)

Magically your HD re-runs

Step 5

Re-install AVIRA download the installation file from the official site.


"I spent two nights without sleeping for Avira"